How value is being delivered in a variety of industries through improved data management.
The business arguments for the better management of data have always been about increasing value and avoiding damage and / or financial loss. During the past few years, one could be forgiven for thinking that “it” was all about personal data security.
This year the BCS Data Management Specialist Group and DAMA UK are returning to basics by providing an update on how value is being delivered in a variety of industries through improved data management. With greater awareness, understanding and the availability of lower cost data storage and processing through cloud services, many more organisations are benefitting by employing the wider toolsets and skills of data management.
Across the week commencing 15 June, we will be running a series of one hour webinar sessions, twice daily at 11:00 and 16:00, to showcase a sample of what several organisations have achieved, together with opportunities for you to ask questions and contribute to a variety of discussions on the subject. Participation is without charge, but you do have to book via the associated links. You can book for all 10, or a subset of those that interest to fit your schedule.
These webinars will provide benefit to:
- business managers keen to pull ahead of their competition;
- service providers aiming to provide quality at lowest cost;
- data management practitioners, whether technical and / or analytical;
- data scientists;
- data management software and / or methodology toolset providers;
- students examining their career options.
- 11:00 Encouraging data innovation - Peter Thomas (Prudential Regulation Authority)
- 16:00 Our journey to deliver value through data - Karen Alford / Graeme Tappenden (Environment Agency)
- 16:00 The Story of Crossrail: Creating, managing and delivering benefits through data - Malcolm Taylor (Expert Advisor, Digital, for Crossrail International)
- 11:00 My Box, Your Eggs (even if some are off) – Martin Sadler (Sandwell and West Birmingham Hospitals NHS Trust
- 16:00 Building the right data foundation to accelerate digital transformation and create a data-enabled business’ - Frederic Vaeremans (RPS Group)
- 11:00 Managing data quality: A practical guide - Tim King / Julian Schwarzenbach (Authors of ‘Managing Data Quality: A Practical Guide’)
- 16:00 Digital, data & technology - The OGA Strategy - John Seabourn (Oil and Gas Authority)
- 11:00 Information: The one true asset to rule them all - Emma Hooper (Bond Bryan Digital)
- 16:00 Panel debate