Shropshire branch lightning talks.
- Simon Ing
- Dr. Les Pritchard
- Ed Bedell
- 18:30 - 18:45 - Settle in and chat
- 18:45 - 19:15 - (Talk / Debate) - Offices 2022, offices of the future - Simon Ing
- 19:15 - 19:45 - (Talk / Debate) - 27001 in 15, ISO27001 Theory and SaaS SME experience - Dr. Les Pritchard (Neterix) / Ed Bedell
- 19:45 - 20:15 - (Talk / Debate) - Lessons from a breach - Dr. Les Pritchard
- 20:15 - 20:30 - Other Questions - Opportunities for all sort of questions. One that we may discuss in the significant rise in risk of ransomware with the recent attack on JBS.
- 20:30 - Wrapup / Close
On home turf this time, organising an exciting and enlightening evening of Lightning talks... we used to call them "Soapbox" evenings which proved very popular with a 10-15 minute talk followed by about 15 minutes of debate/questions.
Offices 2022, offices of the future - Simon Ing
With the COVID pandemic having had a profound effect on where and how we work, going forward is likely to be different. While many offices will remain, their role will change. Simon has been instrumental in helping Reassure make these changes, as a senior facilities manager. Tonight he shares his experiences of the past, and thoughts for the future.
27001 in 15, ISO27001 Theory and SaaS SME experience - Dr. Les Pritchard (Neterix) / Ed Bedell
ISO27001 certification is not for the faint hearted!! Les, as a lead ISO27001 auditor, sets us off on this topic, describing what it is about and the importance of it. Ed will follow with experiences of his companies adoption of this standard. Ed chose to get his SaaS company, although small, certified to improve its security posture. However, particularly for a smaller company, the challenge, is adopting it intelligently. The key with ISO27001 is that it is risk based, so one needs to address the red risks first, in the appropriate manner, that is affordable by the business. Of course all of this needs to be implemented via a straightforward ISMS. It is an ongoing process...
Lessons from a breach - Dr. Les Pritchard
Les and his Neterix company has much experience in helping to prevent breaches, but in some cases coming to the rescue of company who are suffering a breach. This talk is off the back of a fabulous talk Les gave to the North Wales and Chester BCS branch, about such a breach, and lessons to be learned.
This event is brought to you by: BCS Shropshire branch