Join the BCS policy team for a monthly forum where we will engage with our members.
- Welcome and Introductions – Dan Aldridge, Senior Policy Manager @ BCS
- CEO update – Rashik Parmar MBE
- Panel Discussion
Join BCS CEO Rashik Parmar MBE and an expert panel to discuss the Autumn Statement and the Chancellor’s ambition for the UK to become the next Silicon Valley.
In our response to the Autumn Statement, we were clear that if the Government wishes the UK to be “the next Silicon Valley”, investment in professionalism, digital skills, infrastructure and a renewed focus on closing the digital divide is needed. Full Response here.
- Prof. Victoria Baines FBCS, IT Livery Company Professor of Information Technology
- Gillian Arnold FBCS – BCS Deputy President (and next BCS President), Managing Director - Tectre - Diversity Training and Recruiting
- Sam Sharps – Executive Director, Technology and Public Policy, Tony Blair Institute
- Hema Purohit, FBCS, EMEA CTO, Healthcare & Public Sector / Independent Healthcare Start Up Advisor
Our events are for adults aged 16 years and over.
BCS is a membership organisation. If you enjoy this event, please consider joining BCS. You’ll be very welcome. You’ll receive access to many exclusive career development tools, an introduction to a thriving professional community and also help us Make IT Good For Society. Join BCS today.
For overseas delegates who wish to attend the event, please note that BCS does not issue invitation letters.
This event is brought to you by: BCS, The Chartered Institute for IT