Quick primer to Cryptography. Get familiar with the theoretical concepts, history and its applications. Perfect for beginners.
Sarith Chandra, BCS ISSG
12:30 - Introductions
12:35 - Presentation and discussion
13:15 - Close of event
- Introduce Cryptography for Beginners
- Refresh some Crypto concepts
- Learn some history and best practices
Detail: (May be subject to last minute changes)
- Cryptology, Cryptography, Cryptanalysis
- Some Best Practices
- Crypto Challenge
- Suitable for students and beginners
- You need to only have general awareness of IT and Computer Security concepts
- This session does not delve into the mathematics of cryptography and is a good lead-in to the future Cryptography 201 advanced talk
About the speaker
Sarith Chandra is a member of the British Computer Society and is the current Early Careers Representative within the BCS ISSG group.
Sarith is a vetted Cyber Security Risk & Compliance Leader with nearly 20 years industry experience. He currently leads Data protection within Cyber security for a leading multi-national Healthcare org.
Our events are for adults aged 16 years and over.
BCS is a membership organisation. If you enjoy this event, please consider joining BCS. You’ll receive access to many exclusive career development tools, an introduction to a thriving professional community and also help us Make IT Good For Society. Join BCS today.
This event is brought to you by: BCS Information Security specialist group