Lively debate and interactive sessions
Be inspired and enjoy presentations and discussions by thought leaders from across the industry as they discuss everything from the secret to project success to dealing with the unknown.
Learn more about the BCS IT Leaders Forum and how you and your organisation can get involved with BCS. Explore the full programme below.
IT Leaders conference programme
13:30 - 13:40 - Welcome and opening
- Brian Runciman, Head of Insight and Content, BCS
- Philip Crewe, Chair, BCS IT Leaders Forum
13:40 - 14:10 - What keeps CIOs awake at night
Roundtable discussion of the real challenges facing CIOs in 2021, including exclusive insights from the latest BCS IT Leaders report
- Eileen Jennings-Brown, Head of Tech, Wellcome Trust
- Rob Harding, Chief Operations and Technology Officer, Capital One
14:10 - 14:30 - Dealing with the next unknown
Have you pre-empted your next unknown? In the wake of COVID-19, hear how business continuity has been affected and why planning is critical for future business resilience.
Speaker: John Higgins CBE FBCS, Deputy President of BCS
14:30 - 14:50 - Linking security hygiene and ethics
A practical application of ethics - hear how ethics works practically in a security environment.
Speaker: Geoff White, Author of Crime Dot Com
14:50 - 15:10 - From the mind of the board...
Effecting good business change bringing together the IT and people
- Geoff Hudson-Searle, author of Purposeful Discussions
15:10 - 15:30 - Break
15:30 - 15:50 - Learning the trade
A fireside chat - Where can you get the knowledge to become an outstanding digital leader?
- Rubi Kaur, Senior Solutions Architect, Vodafone
- Jillian Moore, Global Advisory Practice Lead, Avanade
15:50 - 16:10 - The secret to project success
How to embrace and learn from project failures.
- Stephen Slough, CIO, NHS Dorset CCG
16:10 - 16:50 - Starting and thriving as an IT Leader
A lively roundtable discussion with leaders sharing their own experiences on how they have thrived and how to inspire others to do the same.
- Rebecca George, BCS President
- Suzanne Doyle Morris, author of the Con Job
- Matt Howarth, Founder, Reason Digital
16:50 - 17:00 - Conclusion
- Paul Fletcher, CEO, BCS
Take your place at the BCS IT Leaders conference.