As a result of your hard work, you have shown you are worthy of trust and respect in your chosen profession and have evidenced technical competence in line with the framework - a globally recognised skills framework.
This means you are eligible for entry onto the RITTech register and BCS Associate Membership free of charge for one year.
What are the benefits?
The benefits of RITTech and BCS Associate Membership include:
- Be part of the RITTech register of IT professionals
- Get the recognition you deserve with postnominals after your name
- Demonstrate your professional knowledge, capability, and ethical practice
- Evidence your commitment to continuing professional development
- Cement your reputation as a trusted IT professional.
BCS Associate Membership
- Career planning and mentoring
- Career pathways including advice and insight from IT professionals
- First to access talks and events on the latest in IT and professional development
- Bite size e-learning modules on business, management and technical
- Personal assessments aptitude, personality, resilience, assertiveness
- Access to ITNOW - quarterly membership magazine.
Is there a registration fee?
If you've successfully completed a digital / IT apprenticeship through BCS* we’ll award you RITTech for free!
Registration and BCS Associate membership is free for one year, with access to all our professional development tools and opportunities. After the one-year free period ends, you will need to continue and maintain professional membership in order to keep your RITTech status.
Also, if your employer is part of a BCS organisational scheme, RITTech registration may already be available to you - please speak to your employer to find out.
*or through any RITTech-accredited End Point Assessment Organisation.
Apply for RITTech and AMBCS in 5 simple steps!
You MUST have completed a digital IT apprenticeship within the last 12 months.
You’ll need to be a BCS member. This means either you are a current BCS student member and looking to upgrade to AMBCS or you are applying for the first time. Please choose from the routes below.
Follow the on-screen instructions to apply for associate membership - depending on which route you choose and complete the necessary steps.
When you get to the payment page, you’ll need to enter the discount code that will be provided by your training provider. To ensure a smooth application, we advise you obtain this from them before you start this process.
Your application will be checked by BCS and validated before we send you an email to confirm your new RITTech and AMBCS status. Please note that your AMBCS membership will be immediately confirmed once you have applied, however RITTech will take up to 10 working days to process.