RITTech is a professional registration for IT technicians working in the digital space. Becoming registered will earn you a place on an independent public register demonstrating you are a trusted professional. RITTech sets the industry standard for technical skills and conduct, recognising and validating your competence in just seven letters. If you work in tech and you care about doing things properly, you understand the impact of your work and you’re keeping your skills up to date, then RITTech is for you.
Part RITTech Recognition
Part RITTech Recognition is your first step on the path to professional registration. If you’re just starting out in your IT career, having passed a digital T-level qualification, then Part RITTech Recognition is for you. It gives you a badge of recognition, showing the industry you’re serious about your career in tech and are keen to develop your skills to one day become a Chartered IT Professional (CITP).
Advanced RITTech is a step up from RITTech registration — and a step closer to Chartered IT Professional (CITP). Advanced RITTech will demonstrate that you are dedicated to the IT profession, and can be considered a rising star within the industry. If you’re a talented and ambitious technologist, committed to developing your skills, growing your influence, and meeting high industry standards, then Advanced RITTech registration is for you.
How to apply
Part RITTech Recognition
To achieve Part RITTech Recognition, you’ll firstly need to have passed a Digital T Level qualification. From there, it’s quick and easy to apply — just follow these steps:
- take a picture or screenshot of your Digital T Level result
- send it to us at email@example.com
That’s it! We’ll let you know when we’ve received the image of your qualification result and, once validated, we’ll award you with Part RITTech Recognition.
There are two routes to RITTech registration: accredited and experiential.
If you hold an accredited qualification, great news! You can take the accredited route to registration which means completing this application form with your details and the details of your qualification, then submitting it via MyBCS.
Don’t worry if you don’t have an accredited qualification as you can demonstrate your technical knowledge and experience in a written application instead.
- Firstly, check you have the required competencies — if you interact with digital systems in a professional role, it’s highly likely you’re eligible.
- Next, you need to identify a supporter, someone more senior than you to back up the information you give us. Check if your boss will be happy to do this... there are no phone calls, just a simple email exchange, all done in under five minutes.
All good? Now you’re ready to complete the application form which asks a few questions designed to get the right level of information from you. It should only take an hour or so to do.
Here’s a useful guide to completing your application or why not come along to one of our online RITTech workshops where we’ll walk you through the application process and provide tips for applying successfully.
Once you’ve completed the form simply submit it via MyBCS. We’ll get back to you within 14 days with the outcome of your application.
There will be two routes to Advanced RITTech registration: accredited and experiential.
The experiential route requires you to demonstrate your technical knowledge and experience in a written application.
- Firstly, check that you have the required competencies – if you interact with digital systems and/or products in a professional role, it is highly likely that you’ll be eligible.
- Next, you need to identify a supporter – someone more senior than you that can validate the information you provide us. Check if your chosen supporter is happy to do this… there are no phone calls, just a simple email exchange where they review and approve the information you submit.
- Now you are ready to complete the application form. This form asks six questions, designed to get the right level of information regarding your experience. The application form should take around an hour to complete and can be found via MyBCS.
Help is on hand - if you require some pointers when completing your application form, you can access on-demand support through our application guidance document. Alternatively, we run regular live workshops where we walk you through the process and provide tips for a successful application.
- Once you’ve completed the form, simply submit it and we’ll get back to you within four weeks with the outcome of your application.
There are currently no accredited routes for Advanced RITTech. Please check back in the future, as we hope to add some very soon.
Get in touch
Contact the RITTech team
For all RITTech related questions and suggestions, or to share your RITTech journey, get in touch — we'd love to hear from you!
Contact the customer service team
We're here to help. Get in touch with our friendly customer service team with any questions, queries, or suggestions.
What people say about RITTech
I feel it puts me in a positive position to progress in my digital career and it feels nice to be on a register amongst other IT professionals.
Ronni Murray RITTech
It's good to have those letters after your name to show you have a passion for what you do.
Business Support Manager Royal College of Nursing