- Gain industry insights and apply knowledge through real-life case studies and interviews followed by AI-marked activities.
- Learn tools for making ethical decisions when working with AI.
- Understand the risks that come with developing AI solutions and the strategies for overcoming them.
Who is it for?
The learning programme is ideal for anyone involved with designing or developing software that uses AI.
While the content is tailored to the financial services sector, it’s highly relevant to a wide range of sectors, from law to pharmaceuticals.
There are no entry requirements for this certification.
What will I learn?
This learning programme contains five online modules which cover how to apply ethical principles when designing and building AI systems.
You will gain a broad understanding of:
- An ethical framework for using AI
- Innovating ethically with AI to drive business change
- Data privacy, governance and policy in AI
- Data architecture, sustainability and ethics
- Ethically building and testing AI solutions
By the end of the course, you’ll understand the risks that come with developing AI solutions and the strategies for overcoming them.
By completing these exclusive learning modules and assessment activities, learners will develop a practical understanding of, and skills relating to:
- The need for ethical and regulatory standards in AI
- The use of different AI systems and their impact on the business and society
- The lawful and ethical collection and use of data
- The data, infrastructure and environmental considerations of AI systems
- The ethical considerations in developing, testing and running AI
How do I get this certification?
Online training and exam
Self-paced learning on any device with internet access.
How long will it take?
- Structured programme of 5 online modules
- Each module takes 90 minutes
- Scenario-based activities in between
each module which will use ChatGPT for feedback
- Mock test
- Total course time, including exam is approx.12
How much does it cost?
£160+vat for all 5 modules and exam
Where can I study?
This is a self-paced online course available from early 2024. To register your interest please complete this form.
What format is the exam?
- One hour ‘closed book’ exam with 20 multiple choice (1 mark) and 10 practical multiple response (2 marks) questions
- Pass mark is 65% (26/40)
Resources to help you study
AI Publications available on BCS Bookshop
What are the beneﬁts of gaining a BCS certiﬁcation?
Continue your journey to becoming a certified AI expert.
Why did we develop this CPD course?
Today, ethical AI is non-negotiable. With AI in the spotlight, stakeholders now demand rigorous moral standards when it comes to your solutions and the way you work, thats one of the reasons why we developed this course.
Artificial Intelligence Foundation Pathway
Our Artificial Intelligence Foundation Pathway lets you build your knowledge in bite-size chunks, offering 12 awards within key areas of AI including business innovation, data, ethics, and machine learning.
Learn more about the Artificial Intelligence Foundation Pathway
*This offer applies to first-time BCS members. Free membership is applicable for your first year as a BCS member only.
This qualification is not regulated by the following United Kingdom Regulators - Ofqual, Qualifications Wales, CCEA Regulation or SQA.