Professional Certificate in Agile Business Analysis
- Understand and apply the philosophy, methods, principles and techniques of Agile within the business analysis approach
- Develop skills and knowledge to support successful business change programmes within your organisation
- Attain one of the four modules you need to gain the BCS Advanced International Diploma in Business Analysis
Who is it for?
- This professional certificate is designed for people who want to understand Agile ways of working and how they support the business analysis role
- Suitable for business analysts, business architects, business managers, and members of their team and project managers
What are the entry requirements?
- There are no entry requirements for this certification.
What will I learn?
You’ll gain a broad understanding of business analysis, including:
- How to describe a range of agile methods (process, roles, principles)
- The role of business analysis in an agile team
- The use of agile analysis, modelling and documentation techniques
- How to analyse business goals and their decomposition
- How to evaluate whether an agile method is appropriate for a given situation
- Understanding how to apply user story techniques
- How to explain the techniques used to plan and manage an iteration
The syllabus includes training objectives, details of modules and learning hours, plus a recommended reading list:
Download our latest syllabus (PDF)
Download our sample question paper (PDF)
How do I get this certification?
Take the complete training programme (recommended)
You can take a bundled programme of courses with one of our approved training providers. You’ll find them across the UK and around the world.
How long will it take?
Classroom courses normally last three days.
Where can I study?
- At an approved provider near you
- At your computer via e-learning or web conference learning
How much does it cost?
Prices for courses vary depending on your chosen training provider and course format.
What format is the exam?
- 90 minute 'closed book' with 40 multiple choice questions. Please note: this exam has been updated to an online format. The new syllabus reflects a change in exam format only, syllabus content has not changed.
- Pass mark is 65% (26/40)
Resources to help you study
Business Analysis 4th edition
This bestselling textbook explores a range of approaches and techniques for business analysis and covers the syllabus for the Business Analysis Foundation Certificate.
What are the beneﬁts of gaining a BCS certiﬁcation?
Become a Professional member for free* on gaining your certification and enjoy networking opportunities with over 60,000 professionals, as well as access to resources online.
Map your skills and identify your goals along your career path by following the SFIAplus industry-standard framework.
Gain an internationally recognised certification, enabling you to take your skills around the world.
"Studying the BCS certifications keeps my knowledge fresh and alive, giving an extra boost to the tasks I do during my working day"
Demonstrate your skills and expertise by gaining the internationally-recognised BCS Advanced International Diploma in Business Analysis, available once you have completed three other professional-level modules.
Available once you’ve completed the BCS International Diploma in Business Analysis, and a BCS professional certification in each of the analytical, business and people skills subjects, and one additional BCS professional certification in either an analytical or business skills subject.
Advanced International Diploma in Business Analysis
- Designed for senior business analysts with at least five years’ experience
- Validates your experience and expertise as well as your contribution to the wider business analysis community
- To attain the Advanced Diploma you must gain four professional level certifications and complete a portfolio review
Read more about our Advanced International Diploma in Business Analysis
*This offer applies to first-time BCS members. Free membership is applicable for your first year as a BCS member only.
This qualification is not regulated by the following United Kingdom Regulators - Ofqual, Qualifications Wales, CCEA Regulation or SQA.