Proposals for both full day (5-6 hours including breaks and lunch) and half day (2-3 hours including breaks) tutorials are invited. The tutorials will take place on Tuesday 22nd November 2022 at the BCS offices in London and/or online depending on the situation near the time. We encourage in person tutorials at the BCS offices if possible.
Tutorial proposals should be submitted to the tutorial chair (firstname.lastname@example.org) by midnight Wednesday 15th July 2022, using the following template:
- Name of presenter(s): please list the names and affiliations of presenter(s).
- Title: title of the tutorial.
- Contact details: email and snail mail address, phone numbers etc.
- Type of tutorial: half day or full day.
- Delivery format: Online only or in person only or could be both
- Tutorial Abstract: for publicity.
- Target audience: please outline the practitioner audience to be addressed.
- Learning outcomes: what would the practitioners gain from attending this tutorial?
- Tutorial schedule and description: provide a draft schedule and detailed description of each of the items.
- Tutorial logistics/materials: required media and formats for tutorial. What will be provided to attendees (e.g. slides).
- Bio of presenter(s): including track record of presenting tutorials, lecturing experience etc. (200/300 words)
All tutorial proposals will be reviewed by the tutorial chair and approved by the organising committee. The selection criteria will focus on the quality of the tutorial content and the appropriateness of it to the main theme of search solutions.
Honorarium and other issues
Each tutorial will receive an honorarium of around £300. All travel and accommodation expenses must be met by the presenters themselves. The organising committee of Search Solutions reserves the right to cancel tutorials unless a minimum of four participants have registered.
Contact Tutorial Chair:
Dr Haiming Liu, email@example.com