The BCS Primary Health Care Specialist Group (PHCSG) is advertising two £1,750 scholarships for Health and Care Informaticians to attend MIE 2022 in Nice on 27-30 May 2022. MIE is the annual European Informatics conference of the European Federation of Medical Informatics (EFMI).
These awards are specifically for applicants who are working in Primary Care or a Primary Care Network, whatever their discipline and however part time. This would include those in vocational training.
The applicants must be early in their health informatics career (five years or less), not necessarily in their clinical career if relevant and should be able to show the potential to be future leader in the field.
Other characteristics which will also be taken into account are:
- Undertaking a post graduate degree in health informatics at a UK university
- A member of the current digital academy cohort
- Working in Digital Health role
- Demonstrable potential to make a meaningful contribution to Health and Care Informatics.
The winning applicants will be expected to join the BCS Primary Health Care Specialist Group (BCS PHCSG) as soon as possible. BCS, The Chartered Institute for IT is the UK representative body of EFMI and membership of BCS will get the reduced member’s rate. The early bird rate ends on 31 March 2022.
To apply you need to write a proposal on one side of A4, maximum 800 words, in the following structure:
- Who I am, how I meet the award criteria and why I want to attend?
- What areas of health informatics covered by the conference are of most interest and relevance to me?
- How I can help promote Health and Care Informatics?
- How attendance will contribute to my personal and career development?
Submit your application as a Word document or PDF file attachment and send it to email@example.com
The closing date for applications is 21 March 2022.
Applications will be reviewed, and the winner selected by a subgroup of the Primary Healthcare Specialist group committee. The committee decision is final. The winner will be notified no later than 31 March. The winner must commit to registering for the conference and ensuring active membership of PHCSG as soon as possible and be able to claim all travel expenses (to a maximum total budget of £1,750 including conference fee, travel, accommodation and subsistence) by 30 June 2022.
The winners will:
- Be asked to write a 1000-word blog for the PHCSG website.
- Be asked to contribute to social media during the event. To be agreed with the BCS PHCSG social media representative prior to the event.
- May be asked to write a paper / poster on learning to be presented at the PHCSG conference in the autumn.
Enquiries should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
The awards are funded by the Medical Software Group.