Practitioner Certificate Benefits Management and Business Acceptance
- Demonstrate how a rigorous approach to benefits management ensures successful software solutions delivery
- Identify the benefit owners and key stakeholders within your environment
- Recognise what good business acceptance testing looks like
- Attain one of the four modules you need to gain the International Diploma in Business Analysis, which follows entry onto the professional registration for IT technicians (RITTech)
Who is it for?
- The practitioner certificate is for people who want to develop a detailed understanding of benefits management and business acceptance
- Suitable for business analysts, business managers and their staff, business change managers and project managers
What are the entry requirements?
- There are no entry requirements for this certification.
What will I learn?
You will develop a rigorous approach to benefits management including:
- How to make a business case, ensure a strategic fit and indicate critical success factors and key performance indicators
- Producing a delivery plan, having identified key stakeholders
- How to review a business case, revise and reassess the benefits
- Implementation and delivery skills
- How to embed business change at an organisational level
The syllabus includes training objectives, details of modules and learning hours, plus a recommended reading list:
Download our latest syllabus (PDF)
How do I get this certification?
Take the complete training programme (recommended)
You can take a bundled programme of courses with one of our approved training providers. You’ll find them across the UK and around the world.
How long will it take?
Classroom courses normally last three days.
Where can I study?
- At an approved provider near you
- At your computer via e-learning or web conference learning
How much does it cost?
Prices for courses vary depending on your chosen training provider and course format.
What format is the exam?
- One hour ‘open book’ written exam, preceded by 15 minutes’ reading time
- Based on a business scenario
- Pass mark is 50%
Resources to help you study
Business Analysis 4th edition
This bestselling textbook explores a range of approaches and techniques for business analysis and covers the syllabus for the Business Analysis Foundation Certificate.
What are the beneﬁts of gaining a BCS certiﬁcation?
Become a Professional member for free* on gaining your certification and enjoy networking opportunities with other professionals, as well as access to resources online.
Map your skills and identify your goals along your career path by following the SFIAplus industry-standard framework.
Gain an internationally recognised certification, enabling you to take your skills around the world.
"The industry recognised certifications provide the science behind the skills that I practise every day."
Demonstrate your skills and expertise by gaining the internationally-recognised International Diploma in Business Analysis, available once you have completed the two core modules and one knowledge-based module, in addition to this Practitioner module.
International Diploma in Business Analysis
- Available once you’ve completed four modules: two core modules, one knowledge module and one practitioner module
You’ll have an oral examination to discuss your experience and capabilities
Read more about our International Diploma in Business Analysis
*This offer applies to first-time BCS members. Free membership is applicable for your first year as a BCS member only.
This qualification is not regulated by the following United Kingdom Regulators - Ofqual, Qualifications Wales, CCEA Regulation or SQA.