- Validate your knowledge, skills and capabilities and gain entry onto the the professional registration for IT technicians (RITTech) following successful completion of your International Diploma.
- Attain an internationally-recognised certification
- Choose to work towards the Diploma module by module, or take all the modules together in a bundled training programme
- Exemptions for holders of IIBA, IREB or Organisational Context certifications. Find out more about exemptions
Who is it for?
- The International Diploma is designed for business and IT professionals who want to demonstrate they have a detailed understanding of business analysis best practice
How do I get the diploma?
- You need to pass four modules
- Then sit an oral examination
Knowledge based modules - you must pass one of these:
- Business Analysis Foundation
Demonstrate basic knowledge and understanding of business analysis principles and techniques - most delegates start their journey towards the Diploma with this certificate
- Business Change
Demonstrate basic knowledge and understanding of business change principles and processes
Practitioner modules - you must pass one of these:
- Modelling Business Processes
Learn how to apply business process modelling and analysis techniques and understand a framework for business process improvement
- Systems Modelling Techniques
Learn how to construct three types of model and describe interactions between them
- Systems Development Essentials
Focus on the systems investigation and quality assurance that underpins all systems development
- Data Management Essentials
Show you can implement good practice in data management, develop procedures for managing corporate data and work with the data management team
- Benefits Management and Business Acceptance
Validate your knowledge, skills and capabilities with the internationally-recognised BCS International Diploma in Business Analysis.
IIBA exemption: Holders of the Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP®) qualifications are exempt from the Requirements Engineering module and the knowledge-based specialist module.
IREB exemption: If you have completed IREB’s Certified Professional for Requirements Engineering (CPRE) Foundation level, you don’t need to take the BCS Certificate in Requirements Engineering.
Organisational Context exemption: If you have attained the Organisational Context module, this can count towards your Diploma. You won't need to attain Commercial Awareness, the module that has replaced Organisational Context
What format is the oral exam?
- Up to 50 minutes oral examination with two examiners
- Questions will be based on topics defined in the oral examination syllabus and from your chosen specialist modules. The questions will require you to apply your business analysis knowledge and understanding to scenarios described by the oral examiners
How do I get this certification?
Book your oral exam
Once you have completed your four chosen modules you can book the exam with us
Where can I take the exam?
All exams take place online and instructions will be sent to you after booking.
How much does it cost?
UK price: £390 (£325 + VAT).
International prices may vary by region, please check international pricing via our Customer Service team.
Take the complete training programme
You can take a bundled programme of courses with one of our approved training providers. You’ll find them across the UK and around the world.
- Each module typically takes 3 days of classroom study followed by an exam
- You can choose when you take each of the four modules
How much does it cost?
Prices for courses vary depending on your chosen training provider and course format.
What are the beneﬁts of gaining a BCS diploma?
Watch our video
Business Analyst-Assistant Manager, Ranjit Nair, International Diploma holder in Business Analysis shares his views and thoughts about the BCS Business Analysis certification.
"An apprentice’s journey doesn’t stop once the scheme has finished, this is only the beginning as an IT Professional."
Once you have the appropriate certifications, skills and experience, the next step is to work towards the Advanced International Diploma in Business Analysis.
Advanced International Diploma in Business Analysis
- Designed for senior business analysts with at least five years’ experience
- Validates your experience and expertise as well as your contribution to the wider business analysis community
- To attain the Advanced Diploma you must gain four professional level certifications and complete a portfolio review
This qualification is not regulated by the following United Kingdom Regulators - Ofqual, Qualifications Wales, CCEA Regulation or SQA.