- Demonstrate how to implement good practice in data management
- Understand how to develop procedures for managing corporate date
- Know how to work within the data management team, and the roles and responsibilities within data management
- Attain one of the four modules you need to gain the International Diploma in Business Analysis, which follows entry onto the professional registration for IT technicians (RITTech)
Who is it for?
- The practitioner certificate is for people who want to develop an understanding of data management within the corporate environment
- Suitable for business analysts, business managers, business change managers and project managers
What are the entry requirements?
- There are no entry requirements for this certification.
What will I learn?
You will develop an understanding of data management, including:
- What is required for the administration of data and database management
- The roles and skills required in data and database administration, and repository administration
- How to contribute to technology direction evaluation when creating a data charter
- How to develop procedures for managing an organisation's corporate data resource
- How to understand and employ data analysis, and privacy, security and recovery procedures
How do I get this certification?
Take the complete training programme (recommended)
You can take a bundled programme of courses with one of our approved training providers. You’ll find them across the UK and around the world.
How long will it take?
Classroom courses normally last four days.
Where can I study?
- At an approved provider near you
- At your computer via e-learning or web conference learning
How much does it cost?
Prices for courses vary depending on your chosen training provider and course format.
What are the beneﬁts of gaining a BCS certiﬁcation?
"Studying the BCS certifications keeps my knowledge fresh and alive, giving an extra boost to the tasks I do during my working day"
Demonstrate your skills and expertise by gaining the internationally-recognised International Diploma in Business Analysis, available once you have completed three other modules as well as this core module.
International Diploma in Business Analysis
- Available once you’ve completed four modules: two core modules, one knowledge module and one practitioner module
- You’ll have an oral examination to discuss your experience and capabilities
*This offer applies to first-time BCS members. Free membership is applicable for your first year as a BCS member only.
This qualification is not regulated by the following United Kingdom Regulators - Ofqual, Qualifications Wales, CCEA Regulation or SQA.