Winner: Kun Qian, from Bournemouth University
Runner-up: Shuang Liu, from Bournemouth University
Entries from outside the UK are to be encourages
- A maximum of 4 entries allowed per person in the Open and in the Student category
- The language should be English
- Criteria for judging: quality, content (clearly understood), clarity and interesting idea
- The entries will be judged by a panel and the judges’ decision is final
- Results announced before the end of July 2016
- Prizes: certificate for winner, runners up and highly commended entries
- The BCS with have media rights and all other rights appropriate for the competition, so all entries could be made public and/or put on the various websites.
There are two entry categories
Open category, to all BCS members, whether in the UK and Overseas, either as individual or as a group (but containing at least one BCS member), and is allowed to submit a maximum of 4 entries. Submit each entry separately by email to ACDcomp@BCS.org, copy to Margaret.email@example.com, and firstname.lastname@example.org with AGD Open Comp in the subject line. The email should contain your name, BCS number, names of members of your group (if not individual), your location (Country) and location of your YouTube entry, stating which theme 'Making IT good for Society' or 'Ada Lovelace'.
Student competition is for students at universities, higher and further educational establishments, whether in full-time or part-time study; open to BCS and non-BCS members. Entries could be from individuals or from groups of students...
Again, for the student competition, the YouTube links will be provided by a Point Contact (not necessarily a BCS member) but normally employed at the HE or FE establishment.
The Point of Contact will submit by 30 June 2016, the list of YouTube locations for the 'Making IT good for Society' theme and a separate list for the 'Ada Lovelace' theme, together with your name, the name and address of your educational establishment, by email to ACDcomp@BCS.org, copy to Margaret.email@example.com, and firstname.lastname@example.org with AGD Student Comp in the subject line.
This competition provides opportunities for students to enhance their CVs, by receiving a Certificate confirming they are winners, runners-up and Highly Commended in this international competition. Prizes are Humble Bundle software for winners of the student class.